Friday, May 27, 2016

Testing the Hypothesis Part.1 (In Progress)

1.) The opportunity I would like to pursue is a short term real-estate and private security contracting venture into the Colorado green rush.
2) Immigrants to Colorado's green rush are in need of places to live and operate their new businesses as well as a service that can protect their assets and cash from theives and federal seizure. 
  • The who: Colorado Immigrants
  • The what: They cannot effectively find places to live, operate business, and protect cash/assets produced by the federally illegal industry.
  • The why: The green boom cause a skyrocket increase in the demand for property and housing as well as a need for protection of hard cash assets from federal seizure or opportunist thieves.
3) Forming the hypothesis:
  • Testing the who: There is a constant universal need for real estate as well as for the securing valuable assets however, there is a very large and desperate need for it in Colorado but it wont last for more than a few years.
  • Testing the what: The boundaries for the need are specifically limited to Colorado and other states who legalize recreational use of marijuana. The biggest challenge lays within protecting assets gained or used in the trade of the substance from federal seizure as federal law technically overrules the local law.
  • Testing the why: The reasons against my business idea or "the why's": Small business owners will argue they can operate and secure the business from home and there will no longer be a need for security services as soon as it gets federally legalized. Both are valid points however, Colorado does not allow businesses of that kind to operate from a domestic household and without proper legal and physical protection they put not only their livelihood in danger but their physical safety as well.
4) Interviews:
Interviews to be uploaded soon. Currently experiencing technical difficulties. 

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Your idea already looks very developed compared to a lot of other ideas. The specificity of it will likely be very helpful, especially with you knowing your desired location even. I believe that the argument against home security is valid, however, I don't think there will ever be a point in which people don't have a want for it. People get progressively more afraid as they get older and I believe, especially in a family setting, and I think this industry will remain very relevant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian,
    I definitely believe your opportunity exists in regards to Colorado’s green rush. Though I was unaware of this need prior to your blog post, I now have a basic understanding of the idea behind it. I agree with Kyrstin in that your post is quite developed. The state has legalized marijuana, but failed to take necessary measures to provide protection for such businesses. Thus, I think that as the industry grows the need for real estate and security will grow as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christian, I think that this is a great idea! You would definitely have no problem profiting since so many people are seeking homes and security in Colorado. People will always be looking for security, especially since there is a lack of it for those that have these businesses. Overall, great post and I hope to venture out and try to actually make this happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christian,
    I see some of ideas as valid with the new booming industry in Colorado. First, property sales should go up as more business are looking for land to cultivate product. This could even include industrial warehouse space for hydroponic production as well as traditional farm land. Obviously, there is still a criminal element to marijuana industry so protecting business owners from sabotage or other competitors would make sense. However, I do not see how a security firm would protect against federal agents. It is the law of the land and with proper warrants the Feds could seize the product whenever they wanted. In my opinion an opportunity exists, it is a little cloudy with respect to Federal vs State regulations and laws.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ellis! After reading your post, I still wasn't quite too sure what opportunity lies in Colorado for this venture to happen. However, it seems like a great idea for your first experience in real estate. I'd like to learn how you plan to overcome the regulations that go against your idea for the green rush as well. In my opinion, I could see this taking 2-3 years to resolve those issues.

    ReplyDelete