1.
a. Economic Trends
- The EU is projected to his an economic crash and crisis soon.
- India projected to be the newest growth leader in the world.
b. Regulatory Change
- Legalization of marijuana in Colorado doesn't only benefit pot growers, sellers, and consumers.
- Florida removing any federal regulations on Agritourism.
2. Details about previously mentioned opportunities:
- EU projected crash
b. When a market crashes, governments are eager to restimulate growth and will pass laws to incentivize new companies and remove barriers for entry into the market.
c. People in the currency trading sector as well as those trying to enter the market in any other way will find lower buying prices, looser employment regulations, and better real-estate available for cheaper. Entrepreneurs and Start-ups are encouraged to capitalize on this opportunity.
d. It's a relatively easy opportunity to exploit although smaller companies with a lower starting budget and less investors may struggle initialy.
- India's economic growth
b. Since India is the worlds largest growing market, the government and investors are really working hard to find new industries and open production plants. There are many chances to capitalize on this emerging market or the construction industry as the country will need all kinds of new infrastructure to handle the growth.
c. Any company who wants to build a new factory or plant as well as cities/providences who wish to expand transportation infrastructure and government amenities.
d. It is a great opportunity for construction and companies who are trying to manufacture tech/items to exploit but still pretty tough to get into otherwise.
- Colorado green rush (of pot)
b. Colorado's green rush provides a great opportunity for new companies to emerge and not just in the weed market but others as well. There's an old saying that is "It's great to be a pickaxe and shovel salesman during a gold rush."
c. The target audience is the marijuana migrants who will need housing, cars, rental equipment, loans, and asset protection.
d. Once again the housing, car, rental equipment, loan, and asset protection industries would greatly benefit from this.
- Removal of federal regulations on FL agritourism.
b. Places like orange farms, berry picking farms, horse ranches, diving, fishing and airboat tours will have less barriers of entry into the market which allows them to be more profitable quicker.
c. The customer who will be most effected is the tourists who will find better quality, lower priced local tourist opportunities and tourism is a huge mainstay to Florida's economy.
d. The tourism industry will be able to capitalize and exploit the deregulation and be more profitable however, it wont really open up any chances for anyone else.
3. I believe I am interested in capitalizing on openings in foreign markets because I have spent a good bit of time abroad and my father has been working overseas my entire life. The other opportunities I found were because they related to my major (Agriculture & Resource Economics) and the other one I found because my brother is a real-estate broker and mentioned it in an offhand conversation.
Hey! Thanks for sharing these articles. I think its interesting that you took the opportunity of federal regulations on agritourism to look at investing in foreign markets. I actually didn't even consider that agritourism was that big of a thing, especially here in Florida. Looking at the reasoning behind things though, with Florida being a big place for tourists and a huge agricultural area. I think your idea looks really good and I look forward to seeing how you develop on any of these.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteChristian,
ReplyDeleteI like your point of view in regards to Colorado’s green rush. I too believe that the legalization of marijuana definitely stimulates demand for multiple industries in Colorado. Many opportunities exist here which may benefit the economy tremendously. Just as you stated in your “Testing the Hypothesis” post, there is quite the need for real estate and asset protection for such businesses. I really enjoyed your post and the stance you took when referencing this regulatory change.
Christian,
ReplyDeleteYou are right on with the market crash. Capital such as land, equipment, etc, will be cheaper to buy. All it requires is that you have money saved up to buy it and sit on it until you can make it profitable again. Same with the construction in India, if you have a construction company you will be pretty secure for a while. I like how you see the other opportunities related with the Green rush.