1) Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique.
- Motivated: Because of my mental training at a relatively early age, I am able to stay motivated and charge hard no matter the adversity faced. I credit this skill to team sports, competing in MMA tournaments, and training from the U.S. Army.
- Organized: It is in my nature to be highly organized to a "T" and in most cases I am seen as "anal" by my peers. I believe part of that is from a tendency to set standards high and not budging.
- Receptive: I can talk very well, however my strength in social environments is the ability to observe subtle cues and other signals given away in the sub-context of their voice, body language, and word choice.
- Aggressive: My aggression fits very well with my other qualities. The aggression I use is often met with those other three qualities to make it easier to capitalize on small windows that are revealed within social events and be able to quickly draw on organized knowledge and resources to do so. It also gives me the motivation to gamble on something seen as "too risky to others"
- Opportunistic: with "Carpe Diem" being one of my favorite phrases, I recognize that the biggest missed chances at success and happiness are the ones that aren't taken at all. With that in mind, it is very rare to see me not using almost every situation to benefit myself in the long run.
- Motivated: Because of my mental training at a relatively early age, I am able to stay motivated and charge hard no matter the adversity faced. I credit this skill to team sports, competing in MMA tournaments, and training from the U.S. Army.
- Organized: It is in my nature to be highly organized to a "T" and in most cases I am seen as "anal" by my peers. I believe part of that is from a tendency to set standards high and not budging.
- Receptive: I can talk very well, however my strength in social environments is the ability to observe subtle cues and other signals given away in the sub-context of their voice, body language, and word choice.
- Aggressive: My aggression fits very well with my other qualities. The aggression I use is often met with those other three qualities to make it easier to capitalize on small windows that are revealed within social events and be able to quickly draw on organized knowledge and resources to do so. It also gives me the motivation to gamble on something seen as "too risky to others"
- Opportunistic: with "Carpe Diem" being one of my favorite phrases, I recognize that the biggest missed chances at success and happiness are the ones that aren't taken at all. With that in mind, it is very rare to see me not using almost every situation to benefit myself in the long run.
2) Interview the five people who know you the best.
-My family is currently busy with taking care of my sister during her surgery and my best friend is deployed to Africa so my interview-ability is severely limited in this situation although I would love to hear my about my strengths from them, it's selfish to distract them from more important matters.
-My family is currently busy with taking care of my sister during her surgery and my best friend is deployed to Africa so my interview-ability is severely limited in this situation although I would love to hear my about my strengths from them, it's selfish to distract them from more important matters.
3) Reflect on the differences.
- I have a general idea of how other people view me as needlessly analytic and subtly aggressive but also surprisingly well researched. I know that I often catch others off guard with how much knowledge I compile and use regularly and how quiet I usually am if I am clueless to a subject. I wish I had more criticism from my close ones but I'm currently quite alone and have a difficult time receiving feedback from any current ideas.
- I have a general idea of how other people view me as needlessly analytic and subtly aggressive but also surprisingly well researched. I know that I often catch others off guard with how much knowledge I compile and use regularly and how quiet I usually am if I am clueless to a subject. I wish I had more criticism from my close ones but I'm currently quite alone and have a difficult time receiving feedback from any current ideas.
Christian,
ReplyDeleteI was curious to see what your family had to say about you so it's unfortunate that you were not able to complete the interviews. However, I like that you listed aggression as one of your traits and noted how this ties in with your other characteristics. I don't think I possess this trait in the slightest, so I found your post very interesting to read in that aspect.
Christian,
ReplyDeleteI'd like to start off by saying I hope your sister is recovering well from her surgery and it is a speedy recovery. And going to the assignment I have to say I do like how you went into being aggressive as being a trait of yourself. It is very interesting and neat how you look at that and are aware that is a part of your personality. I would have been very interested to hear about your close ones comments and views on you because that would have been interesting to see if they see you differently than you see yourself.